The All-India Catholic University Federation (AICUF) is an organization of Catholic university students. The movement was started in 1924, at St. Joseph’s College, Tiruchirappalli by Rev. Fr. Carty, SJ. Currently it operates in 15 states of India.
The AICUF’s vision is “to sensitize students towards those at the margins and involve ourselves in the struggle for their basic rights by equipping ourselves physically, intellectually and spiritually while networking with NGOs and peoples’ movements.”
Objectives of the club
1. To help students evolve spirituality rooted in God, this integrates contemplation and action and promotes humanization through praxis: involvement-reflection-evaluation- action.
2. To enable students to develop a critical awareness and analysis of the Indian and world situation, to cultivate a deep and genuine concern for the oppressed and marginalized and to effectively commit themselves to the task of building a new and just society.
3. To help students evolve spirituality that has humanization as its core through involvement and reflection.
4. To motivate students to become involved in studies, research and activates linked to broader social issues and struggles with a view to becoming a creative and critical force within the university.
5. AICUF is committed to social justice and encourages it through action on every possible platform.
Dr.Herald Ivan Monis